Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Floating Sunflower



"And the yellow sunflower by the brook, in autumn beauty stood"  -William Cullen Brynt-

A painting for my sister. The exicetment and hapiness enveloped me when I went home to the province to see my family and stay with them for a couple of days. Working in Manila is very stressful so when I got home, I painted something that would relaxed my physical and emotional being. I was inspired with the blooming sunflower in Kawa Kawa and both me and my sister love sunflower so much so I painted something like this! The first sunflower I painted do not have stem on it as it represents the feeling of floating hapiness to be with my family and friends. 

The Floating Sunflower
Original painting by Beij Bien
Acrylic on canvas
Size: 16"x18"
April 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment